Edge Maxx

The second sail I got today (to go with my Edge B Plan) was a new Edge Maxx to replace the sail I ripped. This one is a full laminate sail using black Maxx cloth - Jon at Edge tells me the ODL04 cloth is no longer available. The Dacron cloth option is quite a bit cheaper, but I like the visibility of the laminate sails for racing - this one currently costs £895 + shipping. Luckily I managed to avoid paying the £55 to ship the sails as another Solo sailor Mike Lewis was collecting a sail this week and kindly picked mine up from Edge at Dartmouth. So I only had to drive over to Shepperton (near Queen Mary SC) to pick them up - thanks Mike!

I have not put the new sail on the boat yet. I might give it a go tomorrow in the Wednesday evening race if the weather is good. Anyway, here are some pictures... ⛵









Comments

Popular Posts