Sailing the Edge Maxx

The Edge Maxx is a nice-looking sail and I took it out for the Frensham Wednesday evening race yesterday. It seemed to be quick, though my start was rubbish (initially I had a great start, then they called it back for a general recall 😒). 

The tack of the Edge is cut lower than the North sails and after the race I adjusted my tack inhaul down a bit to make it set better (I have a rather snazzy adjustable tack inhaul which I wrote about earlier). 

Anyway, here are some photos of the Edge Maxx rigged, taken just before last night's race.

That crease near the tack was fixed after the race by adjusting the tack inhaul down a bit.




My impression was it was a more powerful shape on the boat than it looked like when I first got it out of the bag, so I liked it a lot. It is difficult to directly compare it to my North P2. The fullness looks about the same low down, however on the Edge the middle of the sail seems fuller/more powerful than the North which should be a good thing for me (in most conditions anyway).

The only thing I didn't like was the sailbag - it was quite narrow and I struggled to get the sail back into it after racing. But I have other sailbags so I can live with that ⛵

Comments

Popular Posts