Slight problem

The new clew outhaul control using the toestrap cleats (in my last post) works well, except I keep flipping the control line out of the cleat with my bottom. And then the foot of the sail goes very baggy - this is not fast!

I can't do anything in the short term about my bottom, but I think putting the control line through a guide might keep it more secure. Fortunately I have a spare control line guide from my 3D printing escapades and this goes over the control line and around the toestrap. 

It is not ideal, but it will do while I can figure out something else. I sailed with it today and the control stayed safely in the cleat all the way round.

So job done for now. I am wondering if I can unscrew the cleat and add something to the back of it to hold the control line away from my bottom. I'll have a think about it. ⛵


Comments

Popular Posts